Do you know how many species of sea turtles there are? Could you identify them on a dive? Join us for this fun, informative class to learn more about endangered sea turtles and why they're so important to marine ecosystems.
The Fun Part
Challenge your observation skills to identify sea turtles on our dives!
What You Learn
- To familiarize you with the role of Project AWARE in preserving the aquatic environment.
- To introduce sea turtle species common in temperate or tropical waters.
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to identify turtles and record sightings.
- To inform you about about the decline of sea turtle populations,importance of sea turtles to marine biodiversity and what you can do to reduce the loss of sea turtles worldwide.
- PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Can be done on snorkel - ask us how!
- Class taught by a PADI Professional
- Two open water dives
- PADI certification fees
- Entry fees to dive sites
- Rental equipment